Do you blog about your research? It seems to me that blogging as either a reflective or discursive tool can be very helpful. I know several academics who blog about their work and there seem to be a variety of benefits:
- It provides a space for you to get your ideas together
- It allows for a playful space for you to experiment
- You can get comments from peers
- It can help you to fine tune your writing skills
- It can help you to get exposure for your work.
If you do blog about your research, and you aren’t already doing so, you might want to link up your blog with a twitter feed to connect your social media presence.
Let us know how you use your blog on twitter at https://twitter.com/iad4phd
Fiona (Doctoral Training Manager, IAD)