IAD Public Engagement team supports researchers across the university (staff and students) in their public engagement activities.
- Providing expert advice and support for academic managers and researchers about public engagement with research
- Leading university-wide public engagement related projects
- Developing and facilitating networking and training opportunities for researchers involved in public engagement
- Working with external organisations to provide opportunities for public engagement activities
- Working with Edinburgh’s many festivals to provide public engagement opportunities for researchers including: the Fringe, the Science Festival, the Just Festival, the Film Festival and the History Festival.
- Representing the University of Edinburgh at the Beltane Public Engagement Network
For more information, please contact the team at IAD.Public@ed.ac.uk
About the Beltane Public Engagement Network
The Beltane Public Engagement Network is a partnership between Edinburgh Napier University, Heriot-Watt University, Queen Margaret University and The University of Edinburgh. There is an agreement between the four universities to coordinate their approaches to public engagement with research, and training in public engagement.
Beltane was established in 2008, when the universities in Edinburgh were awarded over £1 million of funding to become an RCUK Beacon for Public Engagement. From 2012-2017, the Network was funded by the four universities in Edinburgh to provide a central team based at The University of Edinburgh. This funding has now ended, but the partnership continues.
By joining forces, the four universities can share best practice and opportunities. Having a recognisable point of contact also makes it easier for other organisations to work with Edinburgh’s universities – and to do so without seeming to favour one over the other.
By being part of a university in Edinburgh, you are part of the Network. This means that you can participate in any public engagement opportunity (event or training) at any of the four universities.
For more information visit http://www.beltanenetwork.org/