How to Design an Effective Conference Poster Workshop 14/3/18
In research we are often called upon to present our work in the form of a poster at a conference. The design and layout of these posters is important, if we are to show our work in the best possible light. Many posters are, however, poorly thought out and badly designed. This workshop, using a series of short presentations and practical sessions will examine in detail the features of good poster design, will look at the relative importance of pictures versus words, and will equip the participants to play an active role in the design of their future conference posters.
After the workshop each participant will:
• understand the purpose of the conference poster
• be familiar with the basic rules for poster design
• understand the importance of words, pictures and flow
• know how deliver a conference poster
• have a working strategy for designing a winning poster.
Find out more here