The Institute for Academic Development offer a range of writing workshops for your PhD, from getting started to writing up, designed to meet the complex demands of academic writing. These are a mixture of group workshops, 1-1 sessions and an online eWriting course.
An example of the workshops we run include:
- The Writing Process: Getting Started
- Text: Coherence, Structure and Organisation
- Effective Writing: Grammar
- Writing a Literature Review
- Writing Well: Language and Style
- How to be Your Own Best Editor
- Writing Clinics
- Beating Writer’s Block
- Is My Writing ‘Academic’ Enough?
- eWriting: http://ewriting.org.uk/
For more information on our writing suite see: http://www.ed.ac.uk/schools-departments/institute-academic-development/postgraduate/doctoral/courses/course-list